Nearby Points of Interest
- Tavistock (3 mi)
- The market town of Tavistock with its pannier market, many independent shops, boutiques and it twice monthly farmers market.
- Lydford Gorge (4 mi)
- This lush oak-wooded steep-sided river gorge (the deepest in the South West), with its natural beauty, fascinating history and many legends, can be explored through a variety of exhilarating short or long walks. Around every corner the river Lyd plunges, tumbles, swirls and gently meanders as it travels through the gorge. Throughout the seasons there is an abundance of wildlife and plants to see, from woodland birds to wild garlic (you can smell it too) in the spring and fungi in the autumn
- Horse Riding (0.5 mi)
- Cholwell Farm is only 2 minutes from Homeleigh. It offers riding on the moors for all abilities.
- Tavistock Golf Club (4 mi)
- Tavistock Golf Club, lies on the western slopes of Dartmoor,within the National Park and has the added attraction of being in an area of outstanding beauty. The course looks deceptively simple but it offers a challenging test for the unwary golfer.Nature has provided its own hazards at Tavistock, with thick gorse and bracken, plus the odd clump of scrubby trees. There are also cunningly hidden bunkers that can trap the most proficient golfer.
- Goose Fair (3 mi)
- The Goose Fair dates back to the early 12th century, when a Michelmas Fair held every September 29th provided the opportunity for business and animal trading, and was a social event for wives and daughters. The name Goose Fair probably came about as farmers brought their geese ready for fattening for Christmas.When the new calendar was introduced in 1752 the 'loss' of 11 days changed the date of the Fair to October 10th, and now the Fair is held on the second Wednesday in October each year
A30 Okehampton(12.0mi, 19.3km)
Take A386 Tavistock exit from A30. Follow road for approx 12 miles. Homeleigh is found on the left hand side of the road opposite the Royal Standard pub in Mary Tavy. The car park can be found at the back of the house.